|Chimney Fire Extinguished - No Damage To The Home|
|By Public Information Officer Patrick McKeever|
|December 27, 2022|
On December 26th at approximately 8:09 pm, the Pleasant Valley Fire District was dispatched for a chimney fire on West Road in Pleasant Valley.
Within two minutes volunteers responded to the scene. They reported active fire showing from the top of the chimney and extending 20 feet into the air. All occupants had evacuated the building.
As additional Pleasant Valley firefighters arrived they used Ladder Truck 56-45 to gain access to the top of the chimney and extinguish the blaze. Thermal imaging cameras were deployed to the interior of the home to ensure that there was no extension of fire into the walls.
The occupants were able to return to their home and all Pleasant Valley units were back in service by 8:46 pm.
The Pleasant Valley Fire District would like to remind all residents to have their chimneys regularly cleaned and inspected, and to have working CO and smoke detectors in their homes.